We are pleased to announce that Gemini Capital Management (Ireland) is now a signatory of the UN PRI. The PRI, or Principles of Responsible Investment, is a set of six principles that guide the incorporation of ESG values into investment practice. The Principles were created for investors, by investors, and aim to create a more sustainable global financial system.
The six Principles are:
- Principle 1: We will incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes.
- Principle 2: We will be active owners and incorporate ESG issues into our ownership policies and practices.
- Principle 3: We will seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which we invest.
- Principle 4: We will promote acceptance and implementation of the Principles within the investment industry.
- Principle 5: We will work together to enhance our effectiveness in implementing the Principles.
- Principle 6: We will each report on our activities and progress towards implementing the Principles.
The list of signatories totals over 3000, representing a majority of the world’s professionally managed investments, and we are proud to have joined the ranks as part of our continuing commitment to all aspects of ESG.
The PRI is supported by the United Nations, but operates completely independently, acting in the interests of its signatories and the financial markets and economies in which they operate. Ultimately the aim of the PRI is to create a sustainable financial future by fostering good governance, integrity and accountability.
You can find more information on the PRI on the PRI website.